Here are the five keys for the Titans in Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Titans with a victory would extend their winning streak to four games. Tennessee last won four straight in 2009.
1. Establish control early. The Bengals are just 3-5 and in danger of falling completely out of the playoff hunt. The Titans need to gain control early with points on the first couple of possessions.
2. Don’t take the bait. The Bengals, sporting the likes of old Titans buddy Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict, are no stranger to stirring things up and trying to get opponents with trash talk and questionable hits. The Titans can’t fall into that trap on Sunday.
3. Let Marcus be Marcus. It seems like we say this in some form or fashion nearly every week, but we’ll keep driver by the point home that the Titans offense needs to flow through Marcus Mariota as much as possible, including the read option. It just makes things click. The no huddle would be useful too.
4. Stop the run. The Bengals offense has struggled at times to put up points. THe Titans need to stop the run, even with Jeremy Hill going to IR, and force Cindy to be one-dimensional.
5. Slow A.J.Green. Green went off on the Jaguars’Jalen Ramsey and was ejected last week. He will be looking to atone for that against the Titans on Sunday. It will be interesting to see if Tennessee matches up Logan Ryan or rookie Adoree’ Jackson on Green.